You’ve heard the saying that it takes 21 days to develop a healthy habit. This can seem daunting when you’re committing to cooking from scratch or going on a daily run. Instead of making big changes right away, try implementing some of these quick and easy fitness fixes to your daily routine.
– Add a 15-second burst of activity, like a sprint or power squats to your usual routine.
– Set a reminder to get up, walk, stretch or grab a glass of water at work.
– Do planks or sit-ups. Just 15 seconds a day can help strengthen your core.
– Schedule casual discussions and meetings over a walk or standing at a tall table.
– See how many jumping jacks you can do in 15 seconds.
– Sit back and adjust your posture every time an email comes into your inbox.
– Download a step-tracking app to keep you accountable.
– Wash a piece of fruit instead of opening a package when you need a snack.
– Write down what you eat. You may see patterns that can help you make better dietary choices.
– Take the stairs. You might actually save 15 seconds here!
– Watching TV? Do a wall sit during a commercial or stretch out your legs.
– Replace sugar with honey in your morning coffee.
– Need to run to the store? Park a little bit farther than you normally would.