Inspired by Healthy Nibbles
This recipe is a fun way to get your veggies in! It’s simple, fresh and is a great appetizer to any meal!
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, sliced
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh basil leaves
- peanut dipping sauce
- Making salad rolls can be messy so it’s important to get your workspace organized. Fill a shallow, wide bowl with warm water. Lightly wet the surface of the cutting board. Place the vegetables on plates or bowls and get them close to your workspace. Have a large plate ready so that you can lay your finished spring rolls on top.
- Dip a rice paper wrapper into the bowl of water and circle the paper around so that the entire surface is moistened. Transfer the rice paper onto the wet board. Place a lettuce leaf on top of the rice paper and lay your desired veggies on top of the lettuce.
- Starting from the bottom of the wrapper, roll everything towards the middle. Fold the left and right sides of the wrapper towards the center, and finish rolling up the salad roll. Place the salad roll onto your spare plate and repeat for the remaining rolls.
- These salad rolls are served best with a peanut sauce.
Other Recipes: These salad rolls would go nicely with this vegan spaghetti recipe too!