DIY Caffeine-Free Chai Mix
This mix makes the perfect chai latte when cravings strike! It’s caffeine-free and suitable for any time of day. But if you want to add some tea, simply add a bag of black tea. Sweeten to taste and you’re golden.
- 4 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp ground ginger
- 4 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
But how do I make it into a latte?
- 1 teaspoon homemade chai spices
- 1 ½ cups regular oat milk (unflavoured)
- 1 bag of black tea (if you want a caffeine boost)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or simple syrup)
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together chai spices, 1 cup of oat milk and an optional tea bag and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove it from the heat and allow it to rest for 1 minute.
- In a bowl, use a hand frother, whisk, or French press to foam the remaining ½ cup of oat milk and sweetener.
- Pour the milk and foam into cozy mugs. Sprinkle with additional chai spices and enjoy.
Looking for more tea inspiration? Check out these 4 herbal teas for healing.