A delicious mid-week family vegan dinner for all! Tasty and easy to make!
Easy Vegan Dinner
This gluten-free and vegan chickpea and cauliflower sheet pan dinner with pomegranate harissa glaze is the perfect easy one pan weeknight meal that is also easy to batch prep and freeze for busy weeknights!
Makes 4 | Takes 30 mins
- 1 tsp harissa
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- ½ tsp za’atar
- 1 ½ tsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 small head cauliflower, separated into small florets
- 1 can no-salt added chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
- 4–6 lemon slices, thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup pimento olives, sliced
- ⅓ cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the harissa, pomegranate molasses, za’atar, maple and oil, along with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Divide the sweet potatoes, cauliflower and chickpeas between two baking sheets, drizzle with the glaze and top with the lemon slices. Toss well to coat everything in the glaze, then roast for 20 minutes.
- Top with green olives and pomegranate arils and serve with your favourite grain like rice or quinoa.
Nutritional value (per serving): Calories 239; Carbs 27g; Fat 13g; Protein: 5g
Abbey Sharp is a registered dietitian, a TV and radio personality and a food writer and blogger. She is the founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc. www.abbeyskitchen.com