While we often think potato salad is a summer or spring recipe, it can be a nice treat in winter as well.
FRENCH POTATO SALAD
- » 2 cups new or fingerling potatoes
- » 2 green onions, sliced
- » 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- » 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- » 1⁄2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- » 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- » salt and pepper to taste
- » 1 cup alfalfa sprouts, optional
Cook potatoes and drain. Combine olive oil, vinegars and nutritional yeast in a jar and shake to combine into dressing. The nutritional yeast should make it creamy, like traditional mayonnaise-based dressing. If it’s too thin, add more yeast to thicken. Toss the potatoes in the dressing, green onion and sprouts if using. Serve warm.
Nutritional value (per serving): Calories 145; Protein 3g; Carbohydrates 11g; Fat 11g
- More recipe inspiration: This would go perfect with the potato salad…beat bean burgers!