DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte
Pumpkin spice season is finally here! I’ve been counting the days till your favourite coffee place launches their annual pumpkin spice latte. It’s the perfect fall treat but enjoying one daily is hard on your sugar intake and bank account! Try this recipe at home for a cheaper and healthier option to enjoy daily.
- 1/2 cup strong coffee* or espresso
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp dried ginger
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, coffee, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger and protein powder and mix well.
- Pour the almond milk into a cup.
- Use the immersion blender in the milk for about 20-30 seconds to allow for the milk to get a little bubble.
- Place the milk into the microwave. Heat on high for 30-40 seconds.
- Pour the coffee-pumpkin spice into a mug.
- Gently spoon the foam over the top.
- Sprinkle with some ground nutmeg if you wish (and I totally recommend that you do!)