DIY shaving cream for women
Finding a nourishing shaving cream can be difficult. Some shaving creams you buy from grocery stores contain many chemicals and have scents that can be too strong. Your skin can react to harsh chemicals and become red, dry and itchy after shaving.
Instead, try this easy, homemade ultra-moisturizing shaving cream. The combination of the ingredients paired with the foaming soap dispenser results in a rich, thick foam that leaves your skin feeling soft, makes shaving easy, won’t clog up your razor and has a long shelf life.
Why these ingredients?
Castille soap is biodegradable, 100% plant-based, nontoxic and cleans gently, yet effectively. The oil component is great at preventing dry skin. The vegetable glycerine helps retain the skin’s moisture and forms a protective layer on the skin, which helps prevent moisture loss. The lavender essential oil offers a soothing scent that also contains anti-fungal and antiseptic properties.
- » Foaming soap dispenser
- » 1 Tbsp oil (olive, avocado, grapeseed or almond)
- » 3⁄4 cup liquid Castille soap
- » 1/8 cup vegetable glycerine
- » 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- » 1⁄2 cup filtered water (add more if needed)Directions. Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix for several minutes until all ingredients are blended. Transfer to a foaming soap dispenser.TIP: A little goes a long way!
SUBTLE WARNING: BE SURE TO TAKE EXTRA CARE WHEN USING—AS THE SHAVING CREAM CAN MAKE THE TUB SLIPPERY.
More DIY Inspiration: Try this DIY rose water lotion recipe!
Author: Charmaine Millaire was the editor for Optimyz Magazine. A graduate of King’s School of Journalism and a talented writer!