Yup, you read that right – it’s time to massage your kale. By taking the time to massage your kale, it will become more tender, making it easier to chew and digest.
Simply add the chopped kale to a large bowl and top lightly with lemon juice and olive oil. Massage with clean hands for about 3 minutes to soften the leaves. Add a pinch of salt added near the end for more flavour.
This is a great way to infuse your kale with a touch of flavour!
‘Keep it Simple’ Kale Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Massage your kale with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients to a mason jar and shake vigorously.
- When all ingredients are combined, pour over your kale salad, toss and enjoy!
Want to try more kale recipes? Check out this Kale Caesar salad.