Top 7 natural morning sickness treatments
Did you know morning sickness affects 70-80 percent of women during pregnancy. Learn more about the methods of morning sickness natural treatment.
Don’t we all love to bask in the splendid pregnancy glow? What with parents, partner, friends, and family showering you with extra attention and pampering you with the most gentle and loving care, pregnancy indeed is the happiest phase in the life of a woman. Besides, the ethereal feeling of nurturing life deep inside the body makes women suffuse with life and nature and transcends her to the seventh heaven of happiness and delight.
But if there is one thing that sends her crashing down to the earth, then that is morning sickness. Morning sickness affects 70-80 percent of women during pregnancy. The feeling of nausea in the morning (or at any hour of the day) followed by a session of throwing up is pervasive in women between the fourth and the sixteenth week of pregnancy. For about 10% of the women, the morning sickness persists beyond the twentieth week of the pregnancy. But like they say that there is a solution to every problem and so there is to morning sickness.
What is morning sickness?
Let’s get this straight first, morning sickness is not restricted to mornings only but can occur at any time of the day. Morning sickness refers to nausea during first-trimester pregnancy. Morning sickness is normal and is one of the visible signs of pregnancy. The methods to relieve morning sickness can drive out the pain and discomfort in no time.
What causes morning sickness?
There is no definite cause of morning sickness. Gynaecologists say that morning sickness occurs due to hormonal imbalance during pregnancy.
What are the symptoms of morning sickness?
The most common symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester include
- Queasiness from spicy odours and excess salivation
What are the seven most significant methods of morning sickness natural treatment?Try a dash of fresh and juicy lemon
- Lemon juice bears a natural soothing and calming effect upon the body and cures nausea.
- Squeeze a fresh and ripe lemon to extract its juice. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the lemon juice to a cup of water and drink it in the morning to cut down on nausea and vomiting.
- Blend a teaspoon of lemon juice with a teaspoon of mint extract and add a little honey to it. Consume the mixture on a daily basis to fight against morning sickness.
Spice it up with ginger
- Fresh roots of ginger possess bio-active compounds called shogaols and gingerol that work to provide relief from morning sickness and vomiting.
- Add half a teaspoon of ginger juice to a teaspoon of honey to prepare a mixture. Consume the combination of ginger juice and honey every morning to fight against nausea.
- Begin your day with a cup of freshly brewed ginger tea to suppress the feelings of vomiting and nausea. You may drink ginger tea thrice a day to beat morning sickness and feel refreshed.
A little peppermint goes a long way
- Peppermint is an excellent anesthetic that works to calm the stomach and cure morning sickness.
- Drinking peppermint tea is one of the best methods of morning sickness natural treatment. Boil a tablespoon of crushed peppermint leaves in a cup of water and drink it with slow sips for the cure of nausea.
- Inhale the mild and refreshing fragrance of peppermint essential oil to drive out the feelings of morning sickness almost in an instant.
Make it fun with fennel
- Fennel is a delicious and aromatic spice that gives instant relief from morning sickness. The anesthetic compounds of fennel work to suppress nausea and cure vomiting.
- Eat a teaspoon of freshly ground fennel seeds after every meal to cure nausea and aid in the process of digestion.
- Drink a cup of freshly brewed fennel tea thrice a day on a daily basis for the natural treatment of digestive trouble and morning sickness
Say it with cheese
- Experts recommend the consumption of mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, and cheddar cheese for morning sickness natural treatment.
- Cheese is rich in protein which aids in the suppression of the symptoms of nausea. Eating cheese salad and cheese sandwiches helps in the regulation of blood glucose level during pregnancy.
Try the delicious raspberry leaf tea
- Brew a cup of red raspberry leaf and drink it twice a day to cut down on the symptoms of nausea. It helps to cure morning sickness and is incredibly useful for the delivery phase as it helps to relax the uterine muscles.
- Boil 2-3 teaspoons of dried and crushed raspberry leaves in a cup of water and drink it hot to accelerate digestion, cure morning sickness, and ease the pain during the delivery phase.
Drive out the morning sickness with wood apple juice
- Wood apple or bael is excellent for morning sickness natural treatment. Freshly extracted bael juice is incredible for the cure for nausea and vomiting. It helps with digestion and aids in the prevention of constipation.
- Season the bael juice with a little salt and pepper and drink a glass of it thrice a day for the natural cure of morning sickness.
A few words of caution
Make sure that your digestive system is not allergic to natural remedies. Consume a small amount of the juices and teas to check the sensitivity of your gastrointestinal system.
Pregnancy happens in heaven but its signs and symptoms like morning sickness and digestion troubles can be nightmarish. But no fear because a host of home remedies are here. Follow through with a combination of the methods of morning sickness natural treatment to ease the discomfort and nausea and make pregnancy feel pleasant and comfortable.
Dr.Sohil is a professional doctor and writer. He is passionate about natural remedies to promote wellness and create opportunities for people. To check out his best work, kindly visit www.howtocure.com .
You might also want to check out this inspiring article on dealing with postpartum depression.