This article is sponsored by SoLo Energy Bars.
Protein bars are a convenient, great tasting option to help replenish your body’s nutrients after a tough workout. Here are six reasons why you should refuel with a protein bar:
1. Protein bars allow you to refuel while controlling calorie intake. Choose bars with 250 calories or less.
2. Quality protein bars contain high amounts of protein and fibre, which when combined, help keep you satiated longer and keep your blood sugar levels stable.
3. Feeding your body protein after a workout helps muscles repair themselves faster, which means less muscle soreness and reduced risk of injury.
4. Working out burns the glycogen stores in your muscles. Choosing a protein bar with low glycemic, slow release carbohydrates helps your body replenish those glycogen stores, which prevents muscle tissue from breaking down.
5. Protein bars with low glycemic carbohydrates also help to get your energy levels back up after a workout, so you can continue your day feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
6. Protein bars are affordable, convenient and shelf stable. Keep a stash in your gym bag, your desk, or your car to give your body the fuel it needs, when it needs it.
Chantel Popoff is the president of SoLo Energy Bars. www.soloenergybar.ca