Spring can be a really busy season. With the kids at school, sports picking back up, holidays and trying to get your head around a fresh routine can be hard. The best thing you can do for yourself is to make stress management a top priority. One of my favourite ways to do that is by using natural herbs known as adaptogens to help ease stress naturally.
What are adaptogens?
Adaptogens are a set of specific herbs that help your body adapt to stress. Rather than specifically reducing your stress levels (or increasing) they work with your body to help find the perfect balance for you. They’re sold as teas, tinctures, powders you add to food, and capsules.
Here are some examples:
- Ashwagandha – support for the adrenals and anxiety symptoms
- Holy Basil – supports stress
- Eleuthero – supports physical and mental endurance and vitality
- Maca – traditionally used for energy and stamina
- Rhodiola Rosea – increases energy, physical endurance and well-being
Talk to your doctor before you try an adaptogen product or any new supplement, especially if you have a health condition. Your doctor will let you know if it could affect your health or interact with the medicines you take.
If you enjoyed this, check out the 4 herbal teas for healing.