THIS recipe for stuffed mushrooms is fairly quick and simple to pre- pare, but looks a little fancy. We recommend using local mushrooms from your farmers’ market, which should be available all year long.
12 Servings | Prep 12 minutes | Marinate 30 minutes
- » 12 white button or cremini mushrooms
- » 1 Tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- » 1 tsp organic lemon juice
- » 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- » 1/3 cup organic raw walnuts
- » 1⁄4 tsp dried thyme
- » 1⁄4 tsp dried rosemary
- » 1⁄4 tsp dried sage
- » 1/8 tsp black pepper
- » 1⁄2 tsp organic raw apple cider vinegar
- » Fresh rosemary for garnishTO PREPARERinse the mushrooms, remove the stems and hollow out the middle using a melon-baller, set the stems aside.
Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and 1/8 tsp sea salt in a bowl. Add the mushroom caps, mixing so all the caps are well coated. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes. Mix the mushroom stems, walnuts, dried herbs, salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar in the food processor until well combined and it is a thick, doughy texture.
Remove mushroom caps from marinate, and using a spoon or your hands, full the mushrooms with the stuffing. Garnish with fresh rosemary.
Best enjoyed fresh at room temperature. Will last for three days in the fridge.
Nutritional value (per serving/four mushrooms): Calories 140 kcal; Fat 13 g; Carbohydrates 4 g; Protein 4 g; Sodium 196 mg