Top 4 Strategies for Fitness Professionals During COVID-19
SPONSORED WEB POST
As Fitness Professionals, we know how important achieving and maintaining a healthy physical regime is, and we also understand how critically important mental and emotional health is. The COVID-19 global pandemic is causing unprecedented levels of stress across all groups of people and canfitpro is committed to supporting you and your clients.
Here are the four strategies to help you through these tough times.
1) MANAGE STRESS AND ANXIETY
Stress and anxiety over COVID-19 can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions for fear of an uncertain future. It’s okay to feel more anxious than usual. What’s important is to take time for yourself and to manage your mental well-being.
Some strategies to cope with COVID-19 include taking breaks from watching or listening to news stories; meditating and taking deep breaths; and eating healthy, well-balanced meals. Make time to unwind and talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling or simply to reach out and check-in with your loved ones.
canfitpro’s online Stress Resiliency Course is an added option as it teaches how to ease stress and anxiety for yourself, and give you tools to help the people around you. Included in this course are hours of guided meditations and activity recordings, journaling prompts, and practical relaxation tools. Upon completion of this course, 4.0 CECs will be earned for PTS, FIS, and HWL certifications.
To support canfitpro members during this time, we are offering 50% off this course (regularly up to $129+tax). Register through your canfitpro Member Portal using code “STRESS” to receive your discount.
2) CONTINUE YOUR FITNESS EDUCATION WITH FREE canfitpro ONLINE RESOURCES
Your role as a fitness professional is important now more than ever. canfitpro is committed to supporting your mission and purpose to educate and motivate your clients and members with the following free education and resources:
- canfitpro magazine – back issues are in your canfitpro Member Portal
- Watch webinars, interviews, and workouts on the canfitpro YouTube channel, where topics range from How to Run a Successful Personal Training Business to The Science of Yin Yoga
Until March 31, canfitpro is offering a FREE CEC Quiz to our members. Use discount code “quizcode1”.
- Cultivating Resilience (ID: 100024)
- Cultiver la Résilience (ID: 100058)
Upon successful completion of the quiz, you will receive one (1) CEC towards your certification(s).
3) USE DIGITAL TOOLS TO CONTINUE TO SERVE YOUR CLIENTS AND MEMBERS
For those with personal training clients and members, there are also digital options where one can build, deliver, and share a customized workout plan. Our favourite is TRAINER PLUS since it offers the first two workout plans for free. canfitpro members take 40% off the subscription price automatically when you log into your member portal.
4) SOCIAL DISTANCING DOESN’T HAVE TO MEAN SOCIAL ISOLATION
There are several digital solutions you have at our fingertips that can bring us together virtually. Hold your own virtual classes on Facebook, Instagram or a private platform such as Zoom or GO-TO meetings. This is a great way to keep you connected with your clients to help them stay healthy and active while at home. Just be careful when posting classes on social platforms that you’re abiding by the rules around the use of music. If in doubt, it’s best to leave music out so that you’re being compliant.
If you’re looking for best-in-class online workouts, check out the canfitpro curated list of at-home exercises to help you and your network stay healthy:
- Les Mills On Demand – over 800 workouts including favourites like BODYFLOW AND BODYPUMP. Click here to access a Free Trial
- Oxygen Yoga & Fitness – follow on Instagram and Facebook for breathwork and poses that reduce stress
- Jay Raymundo – follow our PRO TRAINER from Airdrie, AB on Instagram for awesome home-based circuit workouts
- Vitality Practice Online Fitness – body positive exercises created by canfitpro’s own team member and PRO TRAINER, Beth Yarzab. Click here and use code “SOCIALDISTANCE” for one month of free access