This pizza is a protein-rich Mexican fiesta on a crust with refried beans instead of meat and a combination of fresh ingredients. Gourmet and easy as pie!
MAKES 4 SERVINGS | TAKES 2 HOURS 15 MINUTES
- » 398ml can of refried beans
- » 1⁄2 cup salsa
- » 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- » 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- » 1⁄2 cup loosely chopped cilantro
- » 1⁄2 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese or dairy free alternative
- » 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- » 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- Wash and separate cilantro leaves. Add tomatoes, onions and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Roll out thin pizza dough to fit piz- za pan. Partially cook dough until firm and just starting to brown (approximately 10 minutes). Remove from oven.
- Spread refried beans on the crust using a spatula until fully covered. Spread salsa evenly over refried beans. Top with cheese and place on middle rack in the oven. Cook until crust edge is lightly browned and cheese has melted. Take out of oven, spread pico de gallo over the pizza, and top with avocado slices.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 348; Fat 18g; Carbohydrates 35g; Protein 14g