A sure fire family dinner recipe winner!
This gluten-free vegetarian pizza quinoa casserole is the tastiest, easiest and healthiest family dinner recipe to lure your kiddos into eating their vegetables!
Makes 4 | Takes 35 mins
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced and cut in half
- ½ orange bell pepper, sliced and cut in half
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced and cut in half
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- 3 ½ cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup raw)
- 1 ½ cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella, cheese divided
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 9-inch square dish.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add in the olive oil. Add the onion and cook for three to four minutes until softened, then add in the garlic and oregano. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add in the bell peppers and mushrooms and cook until softened and lightly browned.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to a large bowl and add in the olives, cooked quinoa, pasta sauce, one cup of mozzarella, parmesan and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pack into the baking dish and top with the remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20–25 minutes until golden brown around the edges and bubbling. Top with basil leaves, if desired, as garnish.
More Inspiration: How about a make-ahead quinoa powered breakfast pudding?
Nutritional value (per serving): Calories 445; Carbs 52g; Fat 14g; Protein: 23g
*This recipe was originally published on abbeyskitchen.com